Sunday, March 28, 2010

fresh from heaven.

I'll be perfectly honest. Newborn sessions still scare me. For one reason. They have to be indoors 99% of the time and that takes me out of my comfort zone of natural light.
It's scary!
Light is everything!
And not having enough of it is down right terrifying for a photographer, well, at least this photographer. I'm just confessing my weaknesses here! Stick me in an alley with broken windows and I'll be happy as a lark. But in a room with one window? I'll start sweating bullets. Seriously.
Having said that, in the midst of my lack-of-light panic attacks, I do absolutely love newborn sessions. Because they're so wonderfully tiny and wrinkly and perfect. Fresh from heaven perfect.

And, oh, how I love seeing new parents with their baby. It's a love like nothing else. It's like, until you hold your first child, you've never even really understood love. And I get to freeze frame that new love forever.
(or try to in between sweating bullets, shaking and questioning everything I thought I knew about photography)
I was lucky during this session because there was an abundance of natural light filtering in through lots of windows, so i got some shots that I absolutely love....this is my favorite.

But this one makes my heart beat a little faster, too...

and then there's this...
Sigh...I'll face my fears any time for images like these... : )

No comments: