Monday, March 29, 2010

pretty momma


This sweet momma-to-be is Leslie.
I taught 6th grade with Leslie for one year. She is an absolute ray of sunshine.
My fondest memory of teaching with Leslie happened when we took our 6th graders on a field trip to San Antonio.
I will pause this story here to say that if you should ever become a teacher and you are given the opportunity to take your team of 120 6th graders on a 31/2 hours bus ride to play all day in another city, do so. It'll be worth it. BUT. Also, take tranquilizers for the bus ride home.
It'll really be worth it.

Leslie and I had assumed that the students would be so very tired from our excursion that they would quickly pass out on the bus ride home and we would have a quiet, calm return trip.
So very NOT the case.
They were insane. We spent a good while hushing and shushing and "detentions-can-be-given-ing" and perhaps...yelling. And then finally, Leslie and I are standing there in the aisle of the bus, she's on one end, I'm on the other and there are 40 some odd 6th graders between us, all hopped up on a day's worth of caffeine and crazinesss...
Leslie looked at me and said, "Well...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
and laughed her wonderfully contagious laugh.
So, we did.
I joined in a card game being played in the back and she did something similar in the front. And would you believe, all students and teachers made it home safe and sound that night?

That story really has nothing to do with her pictures or her having a baby really, but i felt like sharing. : ) I know Leslie is going to be one wonderful momma, and I'm so excited for her!




1 comment:

Leslie said...

Gonna try to comment one more time and then I am officially giving up!

Oh how I will never forget that day! I still think we were a little crazy (probably still are) for taking all those kiddos on that trip but what great memories were made! Totally worth it. So glad we finally just decided we couldn't beat them and just joined them. Definitely made the ride home go much faster! I am just glad I made the bus :o) You made that year fun! You have such a contagious bubbly personality that everyone around you can't help but catch some of it! Thanks again for the beautiful pictures! They will be something I treasure forever!