Friday, June 26, 2009

Whenever I scroll through the images I capture after a session, I hope to have some gut reaction. I hope that at least a few of the pictures will make me smile or give me chills or, the best, make me tear up. When I saw the image below, instantly my eyes filled with tears. Then a few days ago I got an email from Lacee saying that only a few days after our session, their baby boy was delivered prematurely at just 34 weeks. The pictures immediately meant so much more to me. What if we had waited one more week? I asked Lacee if I could snap just a few shots of their new baby boy before he was released from the hospital yesterday. Rylan is the last image of this post. And he is perfect in every possible way.







1 comment:

Sarah P. Henry said...

these photos are magic, and the one of that sweet baby is TOTALLY the best one. you captured a miracle, for sure.